On the other hand, I can cook. This came as a huge surprise to me. When I was in secondary school I avoided 'girly'subjects such as Home Ec in favour of German and Accounting. When I first moved in with Himself my parents used to joke that he'd starve because I could barely boil an egg. But it turns out that cooking (and baking) was merely a much hidden talent for me. Not only am I good at it but it relaxes me, particularly after a hard day of educating, mammying, disciplining and taming students and I enjoy the process (except when other people butt in, then I'm likely to channel the spirit of Gordon Ramsey to make them leave my kitchen).
As we have friends visiting this weekend and in honour of my blog title I'm making my much lauded pan fried brie.
Directions are as follows:
a block of brie
half a cup of milk
A chutney of your choice (I love cranberry or apple)
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl
- Take the outer skin off of the brie and chop into chunks
- Rub the chunks of brie in the flour and then put into the egg mix
- Put the breadcrumbs on a plate and roll the individual chunks in the breadcrumbs until fully coated)
- Put a frying pan on the hob at a medium heat and with lots of oil
- Fry the brie until brown turning occasionally add more breadcrumbs as you cook if needed